Competing in global SEO scene is getting very difficult if not impossible for small businesses. Major players in the industry are spending millions of dollars annually for SEO campaign to gain top ranks for critical keywords and key phrases. For small and medium businesses that operate only in a specific geographical area, it makes better sense to focus on local engagement instead. Not only that the competition level is still low, businesses will be able to address their targeted audience directly.
Here are things to do, if you want to significantly engage consumers better:
- Review Your Knowledge on Local Audience/Consumers: Check whether you still get accurate and updated information about local consumers. Perform small surveys to update your knowledge base, if possible.
- Use Google My Business: Google is offering a Q&A service that allows people to ask questions. However, not many people are notified. If you want to improve local engagement, it is important to use this service regularly.
- Maintain E-Mail Newsletters: Email is still a good way to engage with customers, because it’s direct and can be personalized. It is important to keep newsletter consistent and interesting. You can consider your newsletters as successful, if people are waiting for them eagerly.
- Make Transactional E-Mails: Transactional emails directly allow people to do specific actions, such as making a purchase. These transaction emails should be worth reading, so people will definitely buy your products or do other favourable
- Focus More on Gmail Users: All subscribers regardless of their email services are essential. However, Gmail users can be approached better. You can boost engagement with subscribers who use Gmail. You may find out whether someone is opening their Gmail account. You can use the data for any local map-pack listing.
- Monitor Social Signals: Google has confirmed that social signals have no contribution in determining search ranking. However, it still considers social signal as an engagement metric.
- Use Zapier: Zapier is an automated way to interact with people. Based on specific triggers in Twitter and other platforms, you can automatically send deals and digital coupons to local
- Use Review Websites to Your Advantage: User reviews are great way to improve engagement with your products and brands. You may encourage users to write reviews about your products. Determine the best review websites for your local area or niche. You can distribute these user reviews on various places, such as social media.
- Use Google Calendar: With events in Google Calendar, you can easily confirm appointments.
- Allow People to Text Your Businesses: Many people don’t feel convenient talking on their phone. So, it is a good idea to allow them to text someone in your business. Set up a small team to quickly respond to any text message or instant messaging.
- Provide Directions: Local customers may have difficulty finding your business. You need to highlight this information in websites, blogs and social media. Google Maps is an effective platform to allow people locate your business using GPS technology.
Request a Quote: We do not charge for consultation, you can contact us for Digital Marketing, SEO , Local SEO, Social Media, SMM, Blog Creation, Blog Management, Blog SEO, Website Designing, Web Development, Contents Writing, Business Development Services etc.