Despite being one of the earliest forms of online marketing, email marketing is still a cost effective and direct method to acquire new customers and maintain engagement with existing ones. Here are things marketers should do to become successful with email-based approach
- Set Goals: Goals can be conservative or ambitious, depending on budget, time, market situations and level of competition. Be optimistic, but make sure that your goals are sensible.
- Personalize Email Messages: People will respond if they think that an email is made specifically for them, Personalization should be implemented on title, main message and attachment.
- Perform A/B Testing: A/B or split testing is useful if you have two or three competing email marketing strategies that seem to be equally effective. Choose the one that offers consistent results and better productivity.
- Send Transactional Emails: Transactional or trigger emails are unlike regular emails. By being transactional, it contains a component that allows people to do something, such as reading your catalogue and performing purchasing process.
- Focus on Design: Because your email has promotional purpose. It needs to have very appealing visual. You may need to consult professional graphics designed to make an elegant and professional design. It’s possible to achieve elegance, while maintaining simplicity.
- Use Automation: When handling thousands of emails each day, automation is essential to maintain productivity and the effectiveness. Automation software can be used to personalize emails and send them regularly at specific time.
- Reconnect With Inactive Subscribers: Eventually, you may start to lose connection with some subscribers. Create special emails that are designed to re-establish connection with them. If your marketing budget allows, it’s a good idea to offer various deals.
- Allow Recipients to Interact With a Real Person: People will lose interest immediately when they get a no-reply email. They will think that these emails are created and sent by computers. Provide a way for recipients and customers to interact with real staff in your company.
- Prepare Plain Text and HTML Versions: Don’t expect that all customers can accept HTML-based email messages on their devices. Smartphones with small displays may have problem rendering the layout. Provide an option to read your email in plain text,
- Use Actionable Language: Your selection of words and structure of sentence should encourage people to take preferable actions.
- Adapt to Subscriber Habits: Your email messages should match present habits of your customers. Know when they wake up or use the computer.
- Strategize your Follow-Ups: Once customers reply to your email, you need to have a good strategy to follow up. Make sure that you can guide potential buyers to actual buying decisions. This will contribute to your sales growth.
- Watch out for Spam Triggers: Email marketing often has bad reputation, because it can be abused by irresponsible marketers. Make each of your email message looks genuine. This will ensure that filters won’t flag your email as spam. If you can’t pass the filter, your email will be disposed into spam folder and no one will read it.
Request a Quote: We do not charge for consultation, you can contact us for Digital Marketing, SEO , Local SEO, Social Media, SMM, Blog Creation, Blog Management, Blog SEO, Website Designing, Web Development, Contents Writing, Business Development Services etc.