Despite the proliferation of blogs, videos and social media, email marketing is still far from dead. Email still has big significance in the marketing world and with good implementation; it is still possible to generate good revenue from it. Here are five email marketing trends that you should watch for in 2018:
- Return to Text-Based Email: Simple text-based emails are more practical. HTML-based emails with images may actually annoy users if not properly implemented. Opening simple emails are easier to do with mobile devices, because they often have less comprehensive email client apps. Plain text emails should render similarly across any device and they are much easier to read. With plain text email, your marketing may deliver more results, because messages can be delivered quickly and engagement rate will increase. If your target audience often use mobile devices to open email, plain text emails should prove to be more effective.
- Mobile-First Approach: The return to simple text email is a move to the right direction, but it’s not enough. Email marketers need to implement mobile-focus strategies to increase conversions among billions of users. As an example, it should be made very easy to complete email sign up forms in mobile devices, with few taps and types on the screen. If you perform direct selling through email, users should be able to make a purchase directly from your email.
- More Interaction: Having simple, but interactive emails may seem like a tricky thing to do, but with good design, it’s actually achievable. The core of your email can still be text-based, but you may add a number of elements, such as polls and “Add to cart” button. It really depends on the characteristics of your audience. If they love to interact with surveys, search bars, quizzes, sliders. Image galleries and buttons; then you should give them that. Your goal is to reduce bounce rate and increase engagement rates.
- Segmentation: Your email list shouldn’t contain only name and email. If you seek to get more results from your email marketing, it is better to ensure that recipients actually respond to your messages. You need to collect more data about your audience and perform more effective re-targeting. More and more marketers are adopting this approach. Businesses that are not using segmentation strategy may get less result from their efforts.
- Artificial Intelligence: If you want to provide personalized approach to each consumer, artificial intelligence will be the best technology to use. Assigning a customer service staff for a small group of customers will be expensive, especially if you have thousands of repeat buyers. AI may do a lot of things, such as deciding on the best subject lines and introduction paragraph. Email marketers will be able to use effective AI-based tools in the near future to improve their overall efficiency.
Request a Quote: We do not charge for consultation, you can contact us for Digital Marketing, SEO , Local SEO, Social Media, SMM, Blog Creation, Blog Management, Blog SEO, Website Designing, Web Development, Contents Writing, Business Development Services etc.