Organizations need to stay consistent in their content marketing plan in 2018. By being consistent, their investment in time, effort and money will eventually pay dividends. They need to be flexible to latest trends to ensure that their plan remains relevant in the current marketplace. Here are things to consider for your content marketing plan in 2018:
- Expand Content Creation Skills Set: Organizations that have been successful in the marketplace are not only churning a large amount of content for their audience. It is no longer enough having a team of qualified writers. You need to take a broader strategy that encompasses a more diverse set of skills and talents. These new skills set include video, graphics and audio editing, which is relevant for social media publication. Today, live video has started to take over. Customers and marketers alike are jumping on live video bandwagon. The audience will have direct interactions with marketers and experts. It’s a new level of engagement, compared to the traditional voice- and text-based customer support.
- Prepare Content for Off-Screen Platforms: Your audience is no longer glued on the screen to get relevant content. The Internet has matured in a way that content can be acquired in multiple locations. Siri is an excellent example of off-screen information gathering, with significant focus on audio-based content.
- Be Transparent and Honest: Your audience is already resistant to typical online advertising and you need to take a different approach when creating an annual content marketing plan. Milennials are known for their progressiveness, causing them to respect more transparency and authenticity. Be honest with your content and the audience will sense your sincerity, which makes them trust you more.
- Focus on Other Metrics: When we analyze effective content marketing campaigns, it can be attributed to multiple metrics. It’s much more than just about the number of views, but also better targeting, time spent on webpages and conversion rates. Focus on relevant metrics will ensure higher sales and revenues.
- Create VR Content: After so many years of relative dormancy, VR technology has finally entered the mainstream market. The audience will get more information in a virtual 3D environment and it’s a different level of experience for them. It is expected that revenue from VR market will reach $160 billion by 2020, from only $5 billion in 2016. It’s not too early to jump on the VR bandwagon and once your VR content is ready, the audience will be more ready to interact with it.
- Continue to Focus on Mobile Technology: Despite the pervasiveness of mobile devices, only half of the global population is using smartphones. The mobile market is still growing and it’s far from being saturated. Today, it is already appropriate to have mobile-first approach, with desktop functionality as a secondary feature. But, it is still essential to ensure that your content works well on all platforms, although personal computer usages are declining.
Request a Quote: We do not charge for consultation, you can contact us for Digital Marketing, SEO , Local SEO, Social Media, SMM, Blog Creation, Blog Management, Blog SEO, Website Designing, Web Development, Contents Writing, Business Development Services etc.