Most small businesses are aimed for local customers and they don’t really need a general SEO strategy that targets the global population. Global SEO is extremely competitive and competing for a simple word can be very time consuming. In local area, the competition is much easier to handle and there are fewer competitors too. Here are things you should do:
- Focus on Titles and Meta Description Tags: Both should contain primary keywords. A typical title should contain about 50 characters and a meta description may contain about 200 characters. In both, make sure to include your geographical area, so people can narrow down their search and find your business establishment.
- Use Online Directories: Online directories are one of the oldest ways to get your website known. They are still used by many people to look for local businesses. Yelp, YP, Angie’s List and Citysearch are good directories for promoting your business to local customers. Make sure to include important details such as business name, address, website URL, phone numbers and hours in operation.
- Claim Your Business in Google My Business: If you haven’t claimed your company in Google My Business, your business isn’t optimized for local searchers yet. By claiming your business, your company will appear in Google Maps, Google Search and others. Google will send a PIN to complete the verification process. Once Google verifies that your business is legitimate, your company is claimed.
- Encourage Online Reviews: Online reviews play a huge rule in buying decisions among consumers. Positive reviews will convince people that your product is reliable. You may provide deals or discounts to users who provide complete reviews and explanations about your products. Get Five Stars, Vendasta and Trustpilot are great software solutions to manage online reviews.
- Produce Local-Oriented Content: Create high quality content that’s relevant to your local area. You may create blog posts and online Q&A that people would read. Keep content under 1000 words and make sure that it’s dense in information. Understand your customers and publish regularly.
- Use Structured Data Markup: Structured data markup is a code that you add to website, so search engine bots can get enough information about your website and business. With proper markup, your local business will stand out more. Local SEO is about narrowing down your coverage, so local customers will find you.
- Be Active Socially: Social media dominates the business atmosphere. It helps you to reach local customers more easily. You can remain active within the local market and address latest issues. There are many things you can through social media.
- Build a Community: A community-based business will have a steady consumer base and you can ensure steady sales. Community is a good way to maintain relationships and exposure to your products.
Request a Quote: We do not charge for consultation, you can contact us for Digital Marketing, SEO , Local SEO, Social Media, SMM, Blog Creation, Blog Management, Blog SEO, Website Designing, Web Development, Contents Writing, Business Development Services etc.