Just like real-life societies, social media is also ever-changing. It is important for politicians to know about the latest trends in social media, including Twitter. Social media is about building relationships, as well as sharing information. It is important for politicians to avoid certain things in Twitter:
- Don’t Spam: In social media, it would be annoying for people of you say the same thing again and again. As a politician, you should provide only valuable and relevant information related to your legislative functions in the parliament. By providing only proper information, you will get reciprocal follows and people will actually care about all of your messages. If people hear the same noise again and again, they will ignore it. People who live in rural areas will be attracted to the very rare noise of low-flying passenger jet, but it’s considered as a nuisance for people who live near a busy airport.
- Don’t Obtain Artificial Followers: The reputation of a person is often indicated by the number of followers he has in Twitter. However, it is possible for people to obtain these followers artificially using illegal methods. They could inflate your overall followers by using thousands of fake accounts, but it is useless if they are not listening. Many people argue that it is a good if they are able to get thousands of instant followers to boost their reputation. However, people will likely notice if the number of your followers increases too abruptly and they will see this as a sign of your dishonesty.
- Don’t Post Meaningless Tweets: You don’t need to tweet if you don’t have anything important to share. Many politicians are compelled to tweet regularly although there’s nothing to share. You shouldn’t ruin the harmless silence in your Twitter account with boring updates that have little or no meaning to your audience. Potential voters won’t appreciate it if you cause them to lose 5 seconds of their time. Politicians shouldn’t feel obligated to tweet 5 times a day. Alternatively, you should have a team that performs research to gather enough interesting and unique information.
- You don’t Behave like Human: It is important to ensure that you behave like real human. Some people appear like they don’t care too much about their presence in Twitter. It is important to focus on each follower and each person who you follow. It is true that this will take a lot of time, so you need the help of professionals who can take care of the Twitter chore. For many Twitter users, this can be a huge turn off. You need to respond to each individual just like in real life.
- You don’t give Something Back: People will eventually give you a favour in Twitter and it is important for you to give something back to them. You can reply, click on their links and re-tweet to make people know that you are responding to them. Eventually, people will give you quick thanks for your efforts.
Request a Quote: We do not charge for consultation, you can contact us for Digital Marketing, SEO, Local SEO, Social Media, SMM, Blog Creation, Blog Management, Blog SEO, Website Designing, Web Development, Contents Writing, Business Development Services etc.