Any politician would benefit from stronger online presence, especially in social media where it is easy to interact with potential voters. Many aspiring politicians are wondering how they can gain more followers on Twitter. Your goal can be achieved by if you start in a right direction. Knowing your goal is already half the battle and you can start from that
- Follow Influential People who Have Similar Interests: Any politician who is new to Twitter should start by following those in the similar field of interest. You may follow senior politicians who already have many followers or experts who are relevant to your legislation field, such as defense, education, law or environments. By following people who lead the relevant fields, you will be able to establish stronger presence in Twitter and if people notice you more. People will follow you out of a courtesy, if you are active enough and respond to their tweets. It is clear that building a Twitter presence will require you to invest enough time to connect with one another in your field. This shouldn’t be a waste of time, because Twitter is regularly as the first and early outlet to spread information. By being active in Twitter, politicians are able to keep themselves updated to the latest developments, literally seconds after something has happened. It is possible for politicians to hire professionals who are able to manage their Twitter presence to save time and get much better results.
- Use Proper Following to Followers Ratio: In general, it’s natural for Twitter users to follow more people than the number of their followers. A 1.5 to 1 ration for following and followers should be ideal. It means that you need to follow people, before you are followed by others.
- Provide Excellent Content: You should make sure that people follow you because of your tweets, not just because you have followed them. This will ensure that more and more people will follow you. Tweets of senior politicians are often picked up by the media, which in turn will increase their exposure.
- Always Thank People: Good politicians should show that they are representing and serving people. They need to thank people a lot. It can be quite surprising how much positive feedback that you can get by being courteous to others. Your good manner is often a sufficient gift to encourage people to follow your Twitter account. When you send Thank You tweets, this should be a good opportunity to inform people on how connect with you through other means. You may also add blog URL and Facebook address to the Thank You tweets, so your followers can get information from other sources.
- Re-Tweet Others: Re-tweeting your followers is good gesture that will encourage people do the same to you. A success in Twitter is often indicated by how many re-tweets that you get on average for each of your tweets. It means that what you are saying is essential and informational. However, re-tweeting followers will take a lot of time and effort. It means that you need the help of professionals.
Request a Quote: We do not charge for consultation, you can contact us for Digital Marketing, SEO, Local SEO, Social Media, SMM, Blog Creation, Blog Management, Blog SEO, Website Designing, Web Development, Contents Writing, Business Development Services etc.