Small businesses typically don’t have large and flexible budgets for all essential tasks. Today, SEO is a critical marketing component, but small businesses often can only allocate limited budget for it. Here are things small business can do:
- Optimize Website for Mobile Access: It’s no longer an optional task, optimization for mobile users is already a huge necessity. In many countries, most people already access websites through their smartphones and tablets. Make sure that your website is responsive and adaptable enough when displayed on mobile devices. Responsive Design is a common method used by web developers to create a website that adapts automatically to any screen size and resolution.
- Build Local Presence: Trying to have strong global presence will be too overwhelming for small businesses. Huge corporations allocate millions of dollars each month to maintain and boost their online presence. Instead, you can use local citations to build reliable presence in your areas of operation. Yelp is a common way to list your business geographically. Google My Business is another platform to include your business in Google’s network. Check Google Map to make sure that your website is listed.
- Create a Sitemap: If your website structure is becoming more complex, it is a good idea to create a sitemap to increase its crawl-ability. Without a sitemap, it is possible that some parts of your website isn’t properly crawled, so some web-pages are not indexed by search engines. Make sure that the sitemap is flexible and updated regularly. So, when a webpage is added, deleted or moved; crawlers will be notified immediately when they return to your website. It’s easy to generate and submit sitemap automatically. Some WordPress plugins can do these for you.
- Focus on Your Metadata: It is a common knowledge that metadata is no longer useful for boosting your SEO presence directly. However, metadata is still crucial for letting search engines know about the relevance of your website. Metadata may contain snippets of information, so that search engines can treat your websites and pages relevantly. Meta descriptions will also be shown on your search engine ranks, so people will be more compelled to click on your website.
- Make Your Website More Appealing Visually: It’s easy and affordable to make your website appear more attractive to people. Your goal is to make people to stay longer, which is a positive SEO metric. So, it’s crucial that you bring a great first impression. Get inspirations from other websites to make your own website looks visually rich. There are many design tools that can help you to make your website appear more appealing.
This article is intended to re-iterate well-known strategies to boost SEO performance at low cost. Although, many people are already aware of these tricks, they may not implement them yet. Boosting access and relevance will turn visitors into loyal audience.
Request a Quote: We do not charge for consultation, you can contact us for Digital Marketing, SEO , Local SEO, Social Media, SMM, Blog Creation, Blog Management, Blog SEO, Website Designing, Web Development, Contents Writing, Business Development Services etc.