SEO is like an invitation and people won’t come to your website, if you don’t inform them about your online presence. Local SEO is essential for businesses that focus on local customers, such as restaurants and general stores. Here are things business owners should do to boost sales from local customers:
- Localize Your Organic SEO: Standard organic SEO is often too generic and targets global population. Dentists, gardening supply stores, restaurants and other local-oriented businesses will benefit from highly localized SEO efforts.
- Use Google My Business: Google My Business is excellent for SEO campaign and it’s a useful free listing service. Effective use of Google My Business can have real impact on your local SEO performance. It’s a hub of information that relates to Google+, Maps and regular Google Search. Establish an official Google account for your business and verify it. Verified business will rank higher in Google’s system. Include your basic NAP information – name, address and phone number.
- Focus on SEO rankings: There are various efforts that you can do to boost SEO rankings. Other than your primary keywords, also include your geographical location. Without complete geographical location, you will end up competing globally, which is pointless for any small business with limited operational coverage. Use non-Google services to strengthen your online presence, such as Foursquare, Bing Places, Yahoo Local and Yelp.
- Use Social Media: When we use social media, we often focus on a group of people. You can use social media for customer base in your area. The type of social media you use depends on the characteristics of your audience. For regular customers, you can use Facebook and Twitter. For customers with visual orientation, use Instagram and YouTube. For B2B customers, use LinkedIn. You need to engage your audience and create the best possible profiles. Through social media, you can share information about products, services and latest deals. It’s a common fact that social media pages are rarely ranked high in search results, but they still can help to boost local SEO performance. First of all, make sure that you post very interesting content regularly in social media. This will attract hundreds or thousands of views each day. Don’t divulge all information in social media and put the critical information in your website. When your website gets steady traffic from external sources, search engines will consider this as a positive metric. It means that your popular pages will rank higher and they will get more traffic from regular searches as well.
- Allow People to Write Reviews: If you are confident about the quality of your products and services, you should encourage people to write reviews. In fact, reviews are essentially user-generated content. Often, you can get free content from these user reviews and they will be indexed by search engines. These reviews will naturally add new keywords and keyphrases, which will put your product pages at other search results.
Request a Quote: We do not charge for consultation, you can contact us for Digital Marketing Services, SEO, Local SEO, Social Media, SMM, Blog Creation, Blog Management, Blog SEO, Website Designing, Web Development, Contents Writing, Business Development Services etc.