The competition to reach top spot in search page result can be so intense that some bad competitors actually launch negative SEO campaign against your website. They may secretly try to get your website ranked lower or even penalized through dirty tricks. It’s easy to make your website to appear spammy and untrustworthy by search engine bots. Here are things you should do to know whether you are affected or not:
- Check How Search Engines Treat Your Website: In Google search field, type in site:domain.tld with domain.tld is your actual website address. If a list of page from your website appears, it means that your website is indexed. Check whether most if not all of your webpages are indexed. If you have a hundred of content webpages, make sure that all of them appear.
- Use Google Analytics: Check traffic channels and referrals to know whether they come from proper sources. If a large number of traffic comes from an unusual source, then you should be suspicious.
- Use Google Search Console: Google search console can help you to determine whether you have been affected by negative SEO campaign. Look at your queries and find out whether there are unquestionable issues. An obvious thing to do is to check whether there are plenty of spammy and bad links that are pointed towards your website. While low quality backlinks may have zero implications, bad links could actually give you negative points and cause penalization. If the situation is serious enough, it is better to change the URL of the targeted webpage in your website. Add one extra word or a few characters to the webpage URL. The change in URL may affect your ranking temporarily because it needs to re-indexed, but it’s still better than getting bad links from questionable sources.
- Use Bing Webmaster Tools: Check site activity with Bing Webmaster Tools to see whether there’s unusual activity in your website. You can also use Bing Webmaster Tools to check inbound links. By using an extra tool, you may find out whether there’s something that you miss. Use the same step as above, if you find that some of your internal webpages have been affected by bad inbound links created by people with malicious intent.
- Use Link Analysis Tools: These tools provide better functionality in analyzing your links. You may find out about the general trend in your ranking and find out whether something is going awry. It is normal for your website to get new links naturally, if your content is useful for readers. However, if you get a sudden increase of new links unnaturally, you should be concerned. It’s easy for some people to generate hundreds or even thousands of backlinks for your website from bad sources. Link farms are websites that contain thousands of backlinks and with no meaningful content.
Request a Quote: We do not charge for consultation, you can contact us for Digital Marketing, SEO , Local SEO, Social Media, SMM, Blog Creation, Blog Management, Blog SEO, Website Designing, Web Development, Contents Writing, Business Development Services etc.