The Internet is always evolving and this affects SEO (Search Engine Optimization) as well. There are trends that will shape how our digital business operations in 2018. Here are things that SEO marketers need focus on this year.
- Image, Voice and Video Searches: Internet users are now looking for infographics and videos as sources of information. This makes online interactions become a lot more visual. More and more countries are enjoying faster Internet connections, which cause the audience to engage more with videos and images. Although audio-based content may seem to be less interactive than videos, people will still benefit a lot from it.
- Individual Customized: Google and other search engines are adding more options to fully customize searches. Browser cookies, individual search histories and relevant information are being used to customize SERPs.
- Machine Learning: We are probably seeing the gradual demise of conventional search algorithm. Google has introduced Rank Brain, which is based on machine learning or artificial intelligence. The leading search engine service may soon add more AI capabilities to its current algorithm. It is possible that search engine algorithms will slowly fade away.
- Alternative Platforms: It is important for SEO specialists to expand beyond current major search engines, including Google and Bing. It is still unlikely for Yelp, Amazon and Siri to lead future digital searches; but marketers would still benefit from some extra traffic.
- Hyperlocal Results: Hyperlocal results are already taking off and local SEO is having stronger importance. Hyperlocal is a term used to define the targeting process on customers with physical proximity. It is possible to confine results to a single neighborhood or city block due to the current wealth of information in the Internet.
- Crawlability: Websites often changes and internal factors can be significantly affected. Make sure that search engine bots are still able to come to your webpages. The website URL structure should be simple and each URL of a webpage should contain relevant keywords. This makes crawling your website a straightforward thing to do for search engine bots.
- Keyword Research: Keyword research continues to be a basic SEO process, which allows you to uncover most effective words and phrases. It is important for organizations to perform regular keyword research to produce better keywords. Businesses should continue updating their primary, secondary and even, tertiary sets of keywords. This further refines the effectiveness of SEO campaigns in 2018.
- Keyword Relevance in SERP: In each topic and industry, there’s always a change on the relevance of keywords. Check Google and other major search engines frequently to see what’s considered relevant is still the same with this year. If you are missing out on what’s relevant in your industry in 2018, it is possible to gradually experience a decline in traffic.
Request a Quote: We do not charge for consultation, you can contact us for Digital Marketing, SEO, Local SEO, Social Media, SMM, Blog Creation, Blog Management, Blog SEO, Website Designing, Web Development, Contents Writing, Business Development Services etc.