Social media is one of the major marketing platforms that can help you grow your business, target audience and expand overall reach. However, like many other things on the Internet, social media is also evolving and you need to adapt your marketing plan for 2018. Here are things you should do to stay on top of the recent changes in social media:
- Share Videos on Instagram: Instagram is a popular social media platform that allows you to share short videos. Your videos should be exciting to view and to use. One major benefit of sharing videos in Instagram is that your videos are easily discoverable, although the audience are not your followers. It means that you will be able to target potential consumers much more easily.
- Hire Micro-Influences: Many companies are using celebrities as social media influences, but this comes with a rather hefty price tag. Instead, you may hire well known individuals from specific circles who can act as micro-influencers. Using celebrities as major influencers could be expensive and overkill in a smaller niche
- Get Prepared for AR and VR Content: Augmented reality (AR) is a popular technology for mobile gaming. Because social media is commonly used in mobile devices, it is quite likely that we will see the use AR as well. Snapchat has worked with Bitmoji to project the animated version of users in digital forms. It may take a while before virtual reality becomes widespread in social media. However, Facebook is developing a project known as Spaces, which allow people to get connected in VR. Facebook has also acquite Oculus, a company that sells VR software and headset. Spaces will be launched in 2018 and it’s expected to be the earliest mainstream VR experience in social media.
- Do more Live Streaming: Facebook Live and other live streaming services have been around for quite some time. For users and businesses, live stream is about having direct, real time interaction; regardless of the geographical locations and local times. Live streaming is still gaining popularity and it’s a tool that any marketer should use.
- Cater More to Generation Z: Generation Z is the younger sibling of milennials who born in the late 1990’s and early 2000’s. Compared to milennials, they will become more connected online and display unparalleled tech-savviness. Also, compared to the milennials and earlier generations, Gen Z will be far more influenced by social media content. Due to their younger ages, Gen Z still has weaker purchase powers, but focusing on them today would be a significant future investment. This is an excellent way for social media marketers to stay ahead of the curve.
- Continue Focusing on Twitter: Twitter is still a major social media service and it’s a good idea to spend more time on them. In the current highly competitive social media environment, Twitter has been struggling; but it still has huge relevance in 2018.
Request a Quote: We do not charge for consultation, you can contact us for Digital Marketing, SEO , Local SEO, Social Media, SMM, Blog Creation, Blog Management, Blog SEO, Website Designing, Web Development, Contents Writing, Business Development Services etc.