Marketing is by far among the most essential things that online companies need to do if they want to thrive in the business world. Without marketing, your website and online presence will receive very little attention. One of the platforms that you can use is social media. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube can be used to promote and enhance your public image. If you are using these networks, you should incorporate them in your marketing strategies.
The social media marketing strategy itself is needed to ensure that your official social network pages receive enough attention from people. You can introduce your products and direct them to your website. There are several steps of social network marketing strategies that you need to be aware of:
- Ask Yourself: You should ask yourself why you need to use social media for your products and services. Your answer will become the core of your social networking marketing strategy.
- Know Your Target: Not every one of the billions of people on the planet can be your target. Many of them don’t need your products or services. Your target should be people who will purchase your products or use your service. You can narrow them down further by targeting only relevant people within the ten mile radius of your business establishment. They have much bigger chance of visiting your store and proceed with the buying process. With social media, you can no longer use stereotypes and assumptions. You need to be relevant to ensure that people will open your social media page and do the desired actions. Once you have figured out your target, you need to reach out to them and implement strong call to actions.
- Choose the Right Platforms: There are many social networking platforms out there and you don’t need to use all of them. If someone tells you that you need to use all of them, don’t trust him. It is better to choose the most suitable platform and focus on it. Often, it is about focusing on where target audience tends to gather. Facebook is the largest social network, but it doesn’t guarantee that you will get the best traffic. If your audience has strong visual preferences, you should focus on Instagram and YouTube.
- Choose the Right Content: You should know what content you are going to share. If you know your audience, you will know what content that evoke their interests. However, it is important to be aware that social media users are already resistant to advertising messages. It means that 80 percent of your content should be highly interesting and informational. Your articles don’t have to be directly about your products. You should share information related to your industry and about relevant tips. If you post one sales pitch after another, it is likely that the audience will lose their interests quickly.
- Use Visuals and Videos: Social networks are great, because they integrate well with visuals and videos. When people open social media services, they are often in a relaxed state, so they are unlikely to read a long text. Infographics and videos are good enough to provide with a single piece of interesting information. This may not work too well on Twitter, but you can post videos on various non-video sharing platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram.
Flores Marketing provides many more methods that guarantee success with social media marketing.