We often lose count of how often we stumble across articles online or news in magazine claiming that SEO is dead. This happens each time Google releases its latest algorithm update that vets out websites with less acceptable SEO techniques. When website owners lose their hard fought ranks, they will go into a state frenzy, claiming that SEO is useless and already completely dead. It is important to know that SEO isn’t only about search engine optimization, it is also about optimizing our website in a proper manner. Here are reasons that SEO isn’t dead yet
- It Still Works: This is a simple and powerful fact. SEO still works. Many websites are able to withstand numerous Google algorithm updates and keep high rank positions for primary keywords. In fact, online marketers testify that SEO becomes more effective and accurate with each algorithm update.
- It’s not Expensive: SEO is an affordable method and for many website owners, it is completely free. It only takes persistence and common sense to see your website ranks relevantly in search engine results. Even hiring the service of SEO professionals is highly effective, because you get significant results with the amount of money you invest.
- It Boosts Your Credibility: Many Internet users associate first rank in search engine results with better credibility. If you don’t focus on SEO, you will have lower rank and the perceived credibility of your brand will be lower as well.
- It Helps you Reach Mobile Users: Fewer people are accessing websites though desktop and laptop computers. Smartphones and tablets are easier to use, as well as more practical for searching quick information. There are some SEO methods that can help your website ranks better on mobile devices.
- It is a Marketing Tool: SEO helps you to gain information about your relevant traffic and potential buyers. Keyword research is an essential step in SEO and you are often able to get a much clearer insight on what people are looking for. After performing SEO campaign, people often modify their product, service and content to better serve their audience.
- It Helps you Reach ROI Faster: Starting a business can be expensive and business people are eager to achieve ROI. A well planned SEO campaign provides consistent results, which can make it faster for you to achieve ROI.
- It Requires low Maintenance: Once your website ranks well, you don’t need to devote massive amount of effort to keep it. Low level linkbuilding effort and providing quality content are often enough to keep your website up there.
- It can be Outsourced: You don’t need to set up an in-house SEO team. Professional SEO services are experienced enough to get you the desired results in a much cheaper and faster way.
- It Generates Consistent Leads: An effective SEO method is based on relevant keywords. It means that people who are relevant with your brands and products. Because your audience is relevant, it will be much easier to convert leads. Eventually, you will be able to increase sales.